[AI-announce] Ankündigung: Neues Masterseminar (6 CP)

Kerstin Kallweit kerstin.kallweit at ini.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mi Mär 9 10:12:32 CET 2022

Liebe Master-Studierende,

am Lehrstuhl von Professor Meske (Soziotechnisches Systemdesign und
Künstliche Intelligenz) wird ab dem SoSe 22 ein neues Masterseminar mit
6 CP angeboten "Designing Explainable AI", welches im Modul
"fachwissenschaftliche Vertiefung" belegt werden kann. Weitere Infos im
folgenden Text von Herrn Meske:

Dear students,

In September 2021, I have been appointed new professor for
Socio-technical System Design and Artificial Intelligence (successor of
Prof. Dr. Thomas Herrmann) at the Institute of Work Science and Faculty
of Mechanical Engineering. I am very much looking forward to joint
bachelor and master courses as well as theses supervisions.

*In the upcoming summer semester, via Zoom I will offer a new 4 SWS/6 CP
block seminar on “Designing Explainable AI” for master students (max. 12
participants, language: English), in which we apply a Design Science
Research-perspective to tackle problems in the context of Explainable
Artificial Intelligence. We will conduct the seminar together with few
students from University of Oldenburg. *

Further information: https://www.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/sski/lehre/xai.html.de

*_Important dates:_*

• *Information event* regarding the seminar’s organization: *April 22th,
1-2
pm* (https://ruhr-uni-bochum.zoom.us/j/68248239344?pwd=TzFvUXUrRWhYQWVWRzhBZkUxSnUrUT09)

• *Input presentations* on XAI and Design Science (held by the SSKI
chair), building student groups (3/group), selection of topics by
groups: September *15th, 9am - 3 pm* (participation is obligatory)

• *Block seminar*: *September 19th to 30th*  (via Zoom)

If you are interested, please join the information event on April 15th
from 1-2 pm (see Zoom link above).

Best regards

Christian Meske, Enrico Bunde and Christian Utama

___

*Prof. Dr. Christian Meske*

Full Professor of Socio-technical System Design & Artificial
Intelligence (SSKI)

Ruhr-Universität Bochum

Institute of Work Science &

Faculty of Mechanical Engineering

Universitätsstraße 150 | 44801 Bochum, Germany

Room: NB1/70 | Phone: 0234/32-27735

Website: https://www.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/sski

--
Dipl.-Biol. Kerstin Kallweit