[AI-announce] Theory in summer

Michael Walter michael.walter at rub.de
Do Feb 8 19:18:27 CET 2024

Dear students,

in the upcoming summer term we will be offering two new lecture courses,
which we hope will be of interest to many of you:

*1. Advanced Quantum Information and Computation* (2+2 SWS):

This MSc course is a continuation of "Quantum Information and Computation"
which is offered in the winter semester, because there is so much more to
see than what fits a 2+2 SWS course... 🙂 If you enjoyed last semester and
want to see what quantum information can offer besides Grover and Shor,
then this course is exactly right for you. More information here:
https://qi.rub.de/aqic_ss24

*2.  Highlights of Theoretical Computer Science *(4+2 SWS, jointly with
Thomas Zeume's group):

If you enjoyed your first course in theoretical computer science in the
Bachelor's and would like to deepen your knowledge by getting an overview
of the fascinating theory of computing, then this course will be exactly
right for you. This course is a foundational module in the new MSc Computer
Science, but can also be followed by (motivated) BSc students. Much more
information here: https://qi.rub.de/highlights_ss24

Best,
Michael Walter