[Geoqus] Subduction Zone Geodynamics Conference

Francesca Funiciello ffunicie at uniroma3.it
Thu Nov 2 17:33:45 CET 2006

Ciao Tim!

Thanks for your interest.
The web site is in progress and it will be available as
soon as the final list of keynote speakers will be
ready (in about 10 days).
However, I will send a new advertisment as soon as
the web site will be ready.

cheers

fra

> Hello Francesca,
>
> I am interested in attending the subduction zone
geodynamic conference. Is
> the website for the conference available?
>
> Thanks,
> -Tim
> _____________________________
>
> Dr. Timothy Masterlark
> Geodynamics & Active Deformation
> Dept. of Geological Sciences
> The University of Alabama
> Tuscaloosa, AL 35487
> phone: (205)348-6289
> fax: (205)348-0818
> masterlark at geo.ua.edu
> http://www.geo.ua.edu/masterlark
> _____________________________
>
> > Subduction Zone Geodynamics Conference
> >
> > Montpellier, France 4-7 June 2007
> >
> > The objective is to give a state of the art
panorama
> > of data and models
> > for subduction dynamics
> >
> > Scientific Committee: Claudio Faccenna (Roma),
> > David Mainprice
> > (Montpellier), Raoul Madariaga (Paris), René
Maury
> > (Brest), Clint
> > Conrad (Baltimore), Cesar Ranero (Barcelone),
> > Onno Oncken (Postdam)
> >
> > Organizing Committee: Francesca Funiciello,
Serge
> > Lallemand
> >
> > The conference will focus on recent
developments in
> > subduction zone
> > dynamics over a 3 day period with a series of
> > internationally renowned
> > keynote speakers covering the themes of
> > Geodynamics & physical models,
> > Seismogenic zone & Seismic hazard, Tectonics
> > (active margins & back-arc
> > basins), Geochemistry (subduction factory &
> > magmatism), Petrology,
> > metamorphism & Mineral Physics. Following
keynote
> > talks on each theme,
> > ample time will be given to discussion and the
> > introduction of posters
> > via a mini-presentation. Posters dedicated to the
> > theme presented by
> > keynotes will be scheduled after the discussion
> > session.
> >
> > The newly created Geosciences Montpellier
research
> > group will be
> > hosting the conference, for which we anticipate
about
> > 150 participants.
> > It will be held in Le Corum International
Conference
> > Centre in
> > Montpellier, France from 4-7 June 2007. The
> > Conference Centre is
> > situated in downtown in Montpellier at a few km
from
> > the Mediterranean
> > sea. In June dry sunny weather is expected with
> > maximum temperatures
> > around 30°C.
> >
> > The objective of this first circular is to inform the
> > community
> > interested in subduction zone geodynamics
about
> > the timing (4-7 June,
> > 2007) and scope of this meeting. We should be
able
> > to open a website
> > before the beginning of November. At this time,
the
> > keynote speakers
> > should have accepted and definitive schedule of
> > meeting fixed. All
> > participants are encouraged to submit an
abstract.
> > All non-keynote
> > participations will be via posters and discussion.
For
> > further
> > information, abstract submission, pre-
registration,
> > travel and
> > accommodation details please wait for a second
> > announcement when the
> > conference web site will be accessible or email
your

x_______________________________________________
> > Geoqus mailing list
> > Geoqus at lists.ruhr-uni-bochum.de