[Geoqus] Question about pore pressure

Manooch Salehabadi Manooch.Salehabadi at pet.hw.ac.uk
Mon Feb 19 23:59:33 CET 2007

Dear All:

hi,
i am a new user of ABAQUS and i am not familiar with this code more so probably you would find my question simple.

i was trying to run one of ABAQUS tutorial example which is called " axisymoilwell_thermalexp.inp" , for your information i attached this input file to this message.
i was go over of this file and found that initial stress (effective) was all negative it means that pore pressure is more that overburden pressure , how it is possible?
and during geostatic step  the magnitude of DLOAD was considered -0.0374 ,  i could not find what does this number mean ?

i would be much appreciate if any body can help me.
once again sorry if my question is very premilative

With Best Regards

Manooch