[Geoqus] on Plastic and Failure Strains in Cap Plasticity

bsaad at po-box.mcgill.ca bsaad at po-box.mcgill.ca
Wed Apr 11 21:33:00 CEST 2007

Hello my friends In the section 4.2.1 ABAQUS/Standard output variable
identifiers:

For cap plasticity: PEQC provides equivalent plastic strains for all
three possible yield/failure surfaces (Drucker-Prager failure surface -
PEQC1, cap surface - PEQC2, and transition surface - PEQC3) and the
total volumetric inelastic strain (PEQC4). All identifiers also provide
a yes/no flag (1/0 on the output database) telling whether the yield
surface is currently active or not (AC YIELD: ?actively yielding?).

When PEQC is requested as output to the output database, the active
yield flags for each component are named AC YIELD1, AC YIELD2, etc. and
take the value 1 or 0.
.dat: yes    .fil: no    .odb Field: no    .odb History: yes

In this hardening model only PEQC1 indicates that failure takes place
Although, PEQC3 or PEQC2 or PEQC4  indicate that there is plastic
strian , that doesnot mean failure.
The question is that I cannot get PEQC1 through Field output nor
History output. I want to get the contour of PEQC1.. Any Idea please
Thanks for support