[Geoqus] Cap plasticity

Anup Sinha sinhanup68 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 19 05:02:46 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm a PhD student of Concordia University, Montreal, Canada and trying to simulate the piled raft behavor. I want to use the soil parameter of Frnakfurt clay, as used by Dr. Katzenbach, Reul and other researchers. From their different publications I found E, v, k, beta (37.67), d (42.43), K (.795), R (0.1), alpha (0), but could not find the value of Pa (the initial yield surface position). I found the cap hardening softening plot in the publications but unable to find the parameters to use in ABAQUS.

Pls. help me to get the value of Pa (the initial yield surface position) and the cap hardening softening curve parameters for ABAQUS.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Anup
+1 514 935 5431