[Geoqus] Application Inquiry (J.Li)Re: Geomechanics position at Los Alamos National Lab

Jiliang Li jl21cli at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 27 18:12:34 CEST 2013

Dear Dr. Coblentz:

Thank you for posting and sharing a geomechanics staff position. I am very interested in exploring and applying for such a research position.

I had an educational background of mining engineering including open pit and underground mining encompassing geology, geomechanics, rock mechanics and blasting engineering, and special blasting technics coursework. I hope to find such a research staff position to apply the theory and knowledge studied in China where I did BEng and PhD study of mining engineering at Univ. of Sci. Tech. Being.

In U.S., I did civil/mining related subsidence simulation and modeling, and strip loading tests doctoral research at UA. At UAkron I did further more PhD research study on deep foundations research and modeling of cast-in-place tubular piles with ABAQUS and gained further more knowledge in design of earth structures and LRFD design in geotechnical engineering. I left school campus for CPT work to support finishing proposed degree study, but got diverted to work in several consulting companies. Now I am interested in applying for  either a postdoc associate or graduate assistantship to gain more research experience.

Due to my multidisciplinary background, I have a strong research interest in geomechanics/geodynamics and geophysics research study. Besides the staff scientist position, I am also interested in research associate/assistant opportunities if available and applicable to me.

Thanks for sharing the position information and for your time and consideration of this application inquiry.

Respectfully,

Jiliang
Cell: 205-239-1761