[Geoqus] Article on implementation of isostasy in ABAQUS

andreahampel hampel at geowi.uni-hannover.de
Thu Oct 25 13:01:31 CEST 2018

Dear ABAQUS users,
I would like to draw your attention to a recently published CAGEO article on the implementation of isostasy in ABAQUS. In this study, which was carried out in cooperation with Jens Lueke from Simulia EuroCentral, we evaluated Wu (1992, 2004)'s approach of including elastic foundations at all material boundaries against models using the geometrically non-linear formulation (NLGEOM in ABAQUS). One of our main results is that elastic foundations at internal material boundaries yield wrong results for compressible materials and for NGLEOM models. The appendix of the article includes templates of ABAQUS input files for implementing isostasy in NLGEOM models.

As this evaluation of procedures to include isostasy in ABAQUS models should be relevant for the GEOQUS community, I forward below the Personalized Share Link from CAGEO, from which the article and supplementary files can be downloaded for free and without registration until 30th of November (even if you currently have no access to Elsevier).

https://authors.elsevier.com/a/1XtQGMMTPT7yC

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Andrea Hampel

Prof. Dr. Andrea Hampel

Institut für Geologie