[Geoqus] World Stress Map 2016 Google Earth File updated

Oliver Heidbach heidbach@gfz-potsdam.de wsm-l at gfz-potsdam.de
Thu Jul 4 12:08:53 CEST 2019

Dear college,

you may have noticed that the display of the World Stress Map database
release 2016 in Google Earth is not working any more. Red crosses are
displayed rather than symbols and lines that indicate the orientation of
maximum horizontal stress. The reason is that the web-server of the
World Stress Map project has moved to a new machine and that the links
in the old Google Earth kml-files are outdated.

We uploaded on our WSM database release 2016 landing page at
http://doi.org/10.5880/WSM.2016.001 an updated Google Earth kml-file (a
zipped kmz-file) and you should replace your old one. In case you would
like to display older WSM database releases in Google Earth, please
contact me.

Best regards on behalf of the WSM team
Oliver

Dr. Oliver Heidbach

Head of the World Stress Map Project
Helmholtz Centre Potsdam
GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences
Section 2.6 Seismic Hazard and Risk Dynamics
Telegrafenberg
14473 Potsdam
Germany

phone:  +49(0)331 288-2814