[HGI-News] HGI Seminar am 24.10.2005

Newsletter des Horst Görtz Instituts hgi-news at lists.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Do Okt 20 10:12:31 CEST 2005

                               Roberto Avanzi
                      Ruhr-Universität Bochum und HGI

               "Recent Progress in implementation of hyperelliptic
                          curves over binary fields"

                   Montag, 24.10.2005, 13:15 Uhr, IC 4/39

Abstract

    Explicit formulas have proven very useful for efficient
implementation of low genus HECC.  We present some improvements
on the formulas for low genus curves over binary fields and
their surprising effects on the speed of cryptographic
operations at various security levels.

     Some of these improvements have been developed in parallel
with a new look at the field arithmetic and at the implementation
possibilities offered by the even characteristic case.  Hence,
we present also the techniques we employed in our implementation
of binary field arithmetic.

     This is joint work with Nicolas Theriault (CACR, University
of Waterloo) and Zheng "Jack" Wang (University of Waterloo).

Prof. Dr. Roberto Avanzi
Faculty for Mathematics
Ruhr-University Bochum
44780 Bochum, Germany