[HGI-News] HGI-Seminar, Mittwoch 5.4.06: Side Channel Analysis

Newsletter des Horst Görtz Instituts hgi-news at lists.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mi Mär 29 14:20:14 CEST 2006

          +++ Achtung: Wegen der SHARCS'06 geänderter Termin +++

                  Benedikt Gierlichs, COSY-Group, RUB

             Mittwoch 5. April 2006, 13:15 Uhr IC 4 / 39-41

      Signal Theoretical Methods in Differential Side Channel Analysis

This work presents the application of Signal Theoretical Methods to Side
Channel leakage of Cryptographic Devices, particularly with regard to power
consumption and electromagnetic radiation. We profoundly analyse the
Template Attack and the Stochastic Model and compare their efficiencies
in various parameter settings. Finally, we suggest and verify improvements
of both attacks which yield success probabilities increased by a factor of
up to five.