[HGI-News] HGI Seminar am 29. Nov: Patrick Stewin

Newsletter des Horst Görtz Instituts hgi-news at lists.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mi Nov 28 10:23:44 CET 2007

Hallo,

im Rahmen des HGI-Seminars "Aktuelle Themen der IT-Sicherheit" wird
am kommenden Donnerstag der folgende Vortrag angeboten:

 Patrick Stewin (Lehrstuhl für Systemsicherheit, Ruhr Universität Bochum)
"*Beyound Secure Channels*"

Zeit: Donnerstag, den 29. November um  11.15 Uhr
Raum: IC 4/161.

Alle Interessierte sind herzlich eingeladen!

Zusammenfassung:

A Trusted Channel is a secure communication channel which is cryptographically
bound to the state of the hardware and software configurations of the endpoints.
In this talk, we describe secure and flexible mechanisms to establish and
maintain Trusted Channels which do not have the deficiencies of previous
proposals. We also present a concrete implementation proposal based on Transport
Layer Security (TLS) protocol, and Trusted Computing technology. We use Subject
Key Attestation Evidence extensions to X.509v3 certificates to convey
configuration information during key agreement (TLS handshake). The resulting
session key is kept within the Trusted Computing Base, and is updated in a
pre-determined manner to reflect any detected change in the local configuration.
This allows an endpoint to detect changes in the configuration of the peer
endpoint while the Trusted Channel is in place, and to decide according to a
local policy whether to maintain or tear down the Trusted Channel.

Informationen über die nächsten geplannten Vorträge im Rahmen des
HGI-Seminars sind auch im Web zu finden:
http://www.hgi.rub.de/deutsch/lehrangebot/seminar/ws200708.html

Gruß,
Biljana Cubaleska