[HGI-News] 5th escar conference in Munich, Nov 6-7

Newsletter des Horst Görtz Instituts hgi-news at lists.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Di Okt 9 15:44:54 CEST 2007

Please find below the program for escar 2007 - Embedded Security in Cars.

As you can see, we managed to assemble an outstanding program this
year. I am particularly happy that Bart Preneel agreed to give the
keynote talk.

The very high diversity of international industry speakers --
including talks coming from Atmel, Audi, BMW, DaimlerChrysler,
escrypt, Philips, TollCollect, and the US-based VII consortium, as
well as from the University of Siegen and University of Ulm -- show
the very high relevance of security in next-generation automotive
applications.

Also, for the first time escar will include a tour through the BMW
plant. I am sure this will be very interesting for everyone.

For registration information, please visit:  www.escar.info

Regards, Christof

Prof. Christof Paar                           Mobile Phone: +49 (0)170
790 3393
Chair for Communication Security    URL: www.crypto.rub.de
Dept. Electr.Eng. & Inform.Science  PGP key: www.crypto.rub.de/team.html
Ruhr University Bochum, Germany

5th escar Conference - Embedded Security in Cars
November 5-6, Munich, Germany
www.escar.info

1st Conference Day, Tuesday, Nov 6

09.00    - 11.30    Plant Tour BMW Munich (limited number of participants)

12.00        Lunch at the Hotel Holiday Inn München City-Nord

13.20        Welcome and Opening

13.45        "Secure and Privacy-Preserving Car-to-X Applications:
C2C-CC Baseline Concepts"
Speaker: Benjamin Weyl, BMW Research, Germany

14.30        Requested: AUDI AG

15.10        "IEEE1609.2 DSRC Security Standard"
Speaker: Scott Andrews, VII Consortium (BMW, DC, Ford, Honda,
Nissan, VW)

15.55        Coffee Break

16.15        "Automotive Security in the EU Focus"
Speaker: Christoph Ruland, University of Siegen
Security WG eSafety Forum, Germany

17.00        "Security Aspects of Road Tolling - Requirements from a
Toll Service Provider"
Speaker: Daniel Ohst, TollCollect GmbH, Germany

17.45        End of First Conference Day

After the first conference day we would like to invite you to join a
dinner in one of the most traditional "Brauhaus" in Munich.

2nd Conference Day escar, Wednesday, Nov 7

09.00        Chairman’s Welcome and Opening Address

09.05        "Secure Hardware in Cars"
Speaker: Jan Pelzl, escrypt GmbH Germany

09.45        "Secure Identification of ICs for Counterfeit Protection"
Speaker: Pim Tuyls, Philips Research, Netherlands

10.30        Coffee Break

11.00        "Security Issues for the US-based Vehicle Safety
Communications-Applications Project"
Speaker: Dan Jiang, DaimlerChrysler, USA

11.45        "The SeVeCom Architecture for Security and Privacy in
Vehicular Communications"
Speaker: Frank Kargl, Ulm University, Germany

12.30        Questions to the Speakers

12.45        Lunch

14.00        Keynote: "Cryptology: Challenges and Opportunities"
Bart Preneel, Dept. Electrical Engineering-ESAT / COSIC,
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium

14.40        "Embedded AES-crypto engine for keyless entry systems"
Speaker: Paul Lepek, Senior Application Engineer, Atmel Corporation,
Germany

15.40        Panel Discussion

16.10        Outlook and Closing Remarks by the Chairman

16.30        End of the Conference

- --

Prof. Christof Paar                 Mobile Phone: +49 (0)170 790 3393
Chair for Communication Security    URL: www.crypto.rub.de
Dept. Electr.Eng. & Inform.Science  PGP key: www.crypto.rub.de/team.html
Ruhr University Bochum
44780 Bochum, Germany