[HGI-News-de] Do, 24.04.(Heute), 16Uhr, Lattice-Based Identification Schemes (CITS Oberseminar)

Newsletter des Horst Görtz Instituts hgi-news-deutschland at lists.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Do Apr 24 08:52:20 CEST 2008

Hallo,

im Rahmen des CITS Oberseminar trägt Maike Ritzenhofen
vor:

Titel :
*Lattice-Based Identification Schemes Secure Under Active Attacks*

Abstract:
There is an inherent difficulty in building 3-move ID schemes based on
combinatorial problems without much algebraic structure. A consequence
of this, is that most standard ID schemes today are based on the
hardness of number theory problems. Not having schemes based on
alternate assumptions is a cause for concern since improved number
theoretic algorithms or the realization of quantum computing would make
the known schemes insecure. In this work, we examine the possibility of
creating identification protocols based on the hardness of lattice
problems. We construct a 3-move identification scheme whose security is
based on the worst-case hardness of the shortest vector problem in all
lattices, and also present a more efficient version based on the
hardness of the same problem in ideal lattices.

Donnerstag, 24.04., Zeit: 16 Uhr, Raum NA 5/64