[HGI-News] Do, 10.1.08; 11 Uhr: Solving systems of modular equations in one variable / Maike Ritzenhofen (HGI-Seminar)

Newsletter des Horst Görtz Instituts hgi-news at lists.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mo Jan 7 13:49:51 CET 2008

Hallo,

hiermit lade ich herzlich zu unserem nächsten HGI-Seminar am
-> Donnerstag, den 10. Januar 2008 um 11:00 Uhr (s.t.) in
-> Raum IC4 / 161 zum Vortrag
-> Solving systems of modular equations in one variable von
-> Maike Ritzenhofen (Lehrstuhl CITS)
ein. Ich würde mich freuen, Euch dort zahlreich begrüßen zu können!

Abstract:
We address the problem of polynomial time solving univariate modular
equations with mutually co-prime moduli. For a given system of
equations we determine up to which size the common roots can be
calculated efficiently. We further determine the minimum number of
equations which suffice for a recovery of all common roots. The result
that we obtain is superior to Håstad's original RSA broadcast
attack, even if Håstad's method is combined with the best known
lattice technique due to Coppersmith. Namely, our reduction uses a
slightly different transformation from polynomial systems to a single
polynomial. Thus, our improvement is achieved by optimal polynomial
modelling rather than improved lattice techniques. A typical application
for our algorithm is an improved attack on RSA with a smaller number of
polynomially related messages.

Alle HGI-Seminar dieses Semesters finden sich unter
http://www.hgi.rub.de/deutsch/lehrangebot/seminar/ws200708.html im Netz.

Kommende Seminare:
-> 17.1., Roberto Escalante (Lehrstuhl SysSec): A Privacy-Protecting
    Multi-Coupon Scheme with Stronger Protection against Splitting
-> 31.1., Matthias Niesing (Secunet AG): EAC-PKI für elektronische
    Reisedokumente
-> 7.2., Thomas Schneider (Uni Erlangen-Nürnberg): A Practical Universal
Circuit Construction and Secure Evaluation of Private Functions

Beste Grüße,
Christopher

--
Dr. Christopher Wolf