[HGI-News-de] HGI Seminar Do. 19. Juni: "Property-Based Attestation without Trusted Third Party" von H. Löhr

Newsletter des Horst Görtz Instituts hgi-news-deutschland at lists.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mi Jun 18 14:48:37 CEST 2008

Hallo,

im Rahmen des HGI-Seminars "Aktuelle Themen der IT-Sicherheit" wird
am kommenden Donnerstag der folgende Vortrag angeboten:

Hans Löhr (Lehrstuhl Systemsicherheit, Ruhr-Universität Bochum):
"Property-Based Attestation without Trusted Third Party"

Termin:
Donnerstag, der 19. Juni um  11.00 Uhr
Raum: IC 4/161

Alle Interessierte sind herzlich eingeladen!

Zusammenfassung:

The concept of Property-Based Attestation (PBA) was introduced to compensate the shortcomings of the binary attestation proposed by the Trusted Computing Group (TCG), where a computing platform with a dedicated security chip, the Trusted Platform Module (TPM), reports its state
(hardware and software configuration) to remote parties.  In particular, PBA aims at enhancing user privacy by allowing the trusted platform to prove to a remote entity that the platform is configured in a trustworthy manner (has certain properties) without revealing its actual configuration. The existing PBA solutions, however, require a Trusted Third Party TTP
(in addition to the TPM) to provide a certificate linking configurations to properties.

We present a new privacy-preserving PBA approach that does not require such a TTP. We define a formal model, propose an efficient protocol based on the ideas of ring signatures, and prove its security. Moreover, the cryptographic technique employed in our protocol may be of independent
interest: We show how ring signatures can be used for efficiently proving the knowledge of an element in a list without disclosing it.

This is joint work with Liqun Chen, Mark Manulis, and Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi.

Informationen über die nächsten geplannten Vorträge im Rahmen des
HGI-Seminars sind auch im Web zu finden:
http://www.hgi.rub.de/deutsch/lehrangebot/seminar/ss2008.html

Gruß,
Biljana Cubaleska