[HGI-News-de] HGI Seminar am Do. 3.April: "Eff. Fuzzy Extractors for Reconfigurable Hardware" von C. Bösch

Newsletter des Horst Görtz Instituts hgi-news-deutschland at lists.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fr Mär 28 15:51:10 CET 2008

Hallo,

im Rahmen des HGI-Seminars "Aktuelle Themen der IT-Sicherheit" wird
am kommenden Donnerstag der folgende Vortrag angeboten:

Christoph Bösch (Ruhr Universität Bochum):
"Efficient Fuzzy Extractors for Reconfigurable Hardware"

Donnerstag, den 3. April um  11.00 Uhr
Raum: IC 4/161.

Alle Interessierte sind herzlich eingeladen!

Zusammenfassung:

Physical Unclonable Functions (PUFs) provide appealing properties that make them very attractive for a variety of security-related applications. Due to their inherent dependency on the physical properties of the device that contains them, they can be used to uniquely bind an application to a particular device for the purpose of IP protection. This is crucial for the protection of FPGA applications against illegal copying and distribution. In order to exploit the physical nature of PUFs for reliable cryptography so-called fuzzy extractors are used to generate cryptographic quantities (e.g., keys) with appropriate entropy from noisy and non-uniform random PUF responses.  In this paper we present for the first time efficient implementations of fuzzy extractors on FPGAs where the efficiency is measured in terms of required hardware resources. This fills the gap of the missing building block for afull FPGA IP protection solution.  Moreover, in this context we propose new architectures for the decoders of Reed-Muller and Golay codes, and show that our solutions are very attractive from both an area and error correction capability points of view.

This is a joint work with Philips Research Europe.

Informationen über die nächsten geplannten Vorträge im Rahmen des
HGI-Seminars sind auch im Web zu finden:
http://www.hgi.rub.de/deutsch/lehrangebot/seminar/ws200708.html

Gruß,
Biljana Cubaleska