[HGI-News-de] HGI Kolloquium Do. 25.06.: "Secure Evaluation of Private Linear Branching Programs with Medical Applications " von T. Schneider

Newsletter des Horst Görtz Instituts hgi-news-deutschland at lists.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Di Jun 23 10:27:38 CEST 2009

Hallo,

im Rahmen des HGI Kolloquiums "Aktuelle Themen der IT-Sicherheit" wird
am kommenden *Donnerstag* der folgende Vortrag angeboten:

Thomas Schneider (SysSec):
*Secure Evaluation of Private Linear Branching Programs with Medical
Applications*
(Mauro Barni, Pierluigi Failla, Vladimir Kolesnikov, Riccardo
Lazzeretti, Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi, and Thomas Schneider)

Termin:
Donnerstag, der 25. Juni um  11.00 Uhr (*s.t.*)
Raum: IC 4/161

Interessierte sind herzlich eingeladen!

Abstract:

Diagnostic and classification algorithms play an important role in data
analysis, with applications in areas such as health care, fault
diagnostics, or benchmarking. Branching programs (BP) is a popular
representation model for describing the underlying
classification/diagnostics algorithms. Typical application scenarios
involve a client who provides data and a service provider (server) whose
diagnostic program is run on client's data. Both parties need to keep
their inputs private.

We present new, more efficient privacy-protecting protocols for remote
evaluation of such classification/diagnostic programs. In addition to
efficiency improvements, we generalize previous solutions -- we securely
evaluate private linear branching programs (LBP), a useful
generalization of BP that we introduce. We show practicality of our
solutions: we apply our protocols to the privacy-preserving
classification of medical ElectroCardioGram (ECG) signals and present
implementation results. Finally, we discover and fix a subtle security
weakness of the most recent remote diagnostic proposal, which allowed
malicious clients to learn partial information about the program.

Available as ePrint report at http://eprint.iacr.org/2009/195 .

Informationen über die nächsten geplanten Vorträge im Rahmen des
HGI Kolloquiums sind auch im Web zu finden:
http://www.hgi.rub.de/hgi/hgi-seminar/aktuelles

Gruß,
Mathias Herrmann