[HGI-News-de] HGI Kolloquium Do, 29.4.: Honeypots, Botnets, Malware Analysis, and more - Introducing the Embedded Malware Group von Torsten Holz

Newsletter des Horst Görtz Instituts hgi-news-deutschland at lists.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mo Apr 26 18:29:02 CEST 2010

Hallo,

im Rahmen des HGI Kolloquiums "Aktuelle Themen der IT-Sicherheit" wird am kommenden *Donnerstag* unser neuer Professor Torsten Holz die Forschung seines Bereichs "Embedded Malware" vorstellen.

Torsten Holz (Embedded Malware):
*Honeypots, Botnets, Malware Analysis, and more - Introducing the Embedded Malware Group*

Termin:
Donnerstag, den 29. April um  11.00 Uhr (*s.t.*)
Raum: IC 4/161

Abstract: In this talk, we provide an overview of the research topics of the new Junior Professorship "Embedded Malware" that started in April 2010. On the one hand, we focus on past research in the areas of honeypots/honeynets, bots/botnets, and malware analysis. We present an overview of the different tools and techniques that have been developed in the past few years and also provide some insights into specific aspects of some tools. On the other hand, we discuss recent work in the areas of malware analysis and analysis of social networks. Finally, we conclude the talk with an overview of future work that will be performed as part of the Junior Professorship.

Interessierte sind herzlich eingeladen!

Vorankündigung:
6. Mai 2010: Albrecht Petzold (Darmstadt), A Multivariate Signature Scheme with a Partially Cyclic Public Key - 20. Mai 2010: Roberto Avanzi (RUB), Arithmetic of Supersingular Koblitz Curves in Characteristic Three - 27. Mai 2010: Orr Dunkelman (The Weizmann Institute of Science), Title TBA - 10. Juni 2010 Markus Kasper (EMSEC) Title TBA

Informationen über die nächsten geplanten Vorträge im Rahmen des HGI Kolloquiums sind auch im Web zu finden:
http://www.hgi.rub.de/hgi/hgi-seminar/aktuelles

Viele Grüße
Timo Kasper