[HGI-News-de] HGI Kolloquium am Mi(!), 21.7. im IC4/39 und Do, 22.7. im IC4/161

Newsletter des Horst Görtz Instituts hgi-news-deutschland at lists.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mo Jul 19 16:09:12 CEST 2010

Hallo,

diese Woche gibt es im Rahmen des HGI Kolloquiums "Aktuelle Themen der IT-Sicherheit" gleich 2 spannende Vorträge

zunächst wird am kommenden *Mittwoch* der folgende zusätzliche Vortrag angeboten:

Mario Kirschbaum (IAIK Graz)
*A Glimpse on DPA-Resistant ASIC Prototypes*

Termin: Mittwoch, den 21. Juli um  15.00 Uhr (*s.t.*)
Raum: IC 4/39

Abstract:
This presentation gives an overview of the recent work performed at the IAIK in the field of DPA-resistant logic styles. We will discuss different approaches to build secure embedded processors and I will talk about the evolution of the logic style iMDPL and its weaknesses.
Furthermore, I will give a brief introduction to the ideas and developments in our latest project POWER-TRUST.

Es folgt am *Donnerstag* zu gewohnter Zeit:

Lena Wiese (TU Dortmund)
*Logical Requirements for Database Security*

Termin: Donnerstag, den 22. Juli um  11.00 Uhr (*s.t.*)
Raum: IC 4/161

Abstract:
Confidentiality (in other context also called privacy or secrecy) of data in a database is a quite universal security goal:
A user interacting with the database may not be allowed to access some of the data. Traditional access rights / access control are conjectured to fail to achieve confidentiality as they do not consider deductive reasoning of users: A user may possess knowledge about the data in the database and dependencies between them; hence the user might be able to deduce facts beyond the data returned in database answers. The research areas of Inference Control and Privacy-Preserving Query Answering fill this gap. In this talk, we present some Inference Control approaches in the logic-based framework of Controlled Query Evaluation (CQE). We provide logical models for the database, the secret data and the user profiles as well as logically axiomatize deductions of users. We present methods that either compute static ``inference-free'' views of a database or dynamically control database answers at runtime.

Interessierte sind herzlich eingeladen!

Vorankündigung:
29. Juli: Alexander Meurer (CITS), Correcting Errors in RSA Private Keys

Informationen über die nächsten geplanten Vorträge im Rahmen des HGI Kolloquiums sind auch im Web zu finden:
http://www.hgi.rub.de/hgi/hgi-seminar/aktuelles

Viele Grüße
Timo