[HGI-News-de] HGI-Kolloquium am 22.01.2014: "A Short Review of Physical-Layer Security"

Newsletter des Horst Görtz Instituts hgi-news-deutschland at lists.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mo Jan 20 09:07:57 CET 2014

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

im Rahmen des HGI-Kolloquiums, organisiert von der Arbeitsgruppe
Sichere Hardware und dem Horst-Görtz-Institut der Ruhr-Universität
Bochum, wird Srd­jan Cap­kun von der ETH Zürich, am nächsten
Mittwoch, den 22. Januar 2014 um 15 Uhr s.t. in Raum ID 03/419
über folgendes Thema referieren:

"A Short Review of Physical-Layer Security": In this talk we will review
physical-layer security schemes that are used to enforce confidentiality
and access control on the wireless channel. We will discuss the main
assumptions made by these schemes as well as attacks that illustrate
their limitations. Our review will include schemes based on channel
reciprocity, friendly jamming schemes and schemes that leverage
MIMO to achieve confidentiality and access control. We will conclude
the talk with an analysis of a friendly jamming scheme proposed for
the protection of medical implants.

Srdjan Capkun (Srđan Čapkun) is an Associate Professor in the
Department of Computer Science, ETH Zurich and Director of the
Zurich Information Security and Privacy Center (ZISC). He was born
in Split, Croatia. He received his Dipl. Ing. Degree in Electrical
Engineering / Computer Science from the University of Split,
Croatia (1998), and his Ph.D. degree in Communication Systems
from EPFL (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology - Lausanne) (2004).
Prior to joining ETH Zurich in 2006 he was a postdoctoral researcher
in the Networked & Embedded Systems Laboratory (NESL), University
of California Los Angeles and an Assistant Professor in the Informatics
and Mathematical Modeling Department (IMM), Technical University
of Denmark (DTU).

Zu diesem und sämtlichen weiteren Vorträgen des HGI-Kolloquiums
sind alle Studenten und Interessierten herzlich eingeladen!
Eine Voranmeldung ist nicht erforderlich!

Weitere Informationen gibt es auf folgender Webseite:
http://hgi.rub.de/hgi/hgi-seminar/

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Pascal Sasdrich

--