[HGI-News-de] Fwd: Junior Research Group Leader positions at MPI for Security and Privacy

Newsletter des Horst Görtz Instituts hgi-news-deutschland at lists.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mi Mai 20 08:03:23 CEST 2020

The Max Planck Institute for Security and Privacy in Bochum, Germany is
inviting applications for Junior Research Group Leader positions

Our Junior Research Group program offers young scientists the
opportunity to develop their own independent research program. We
welcome applicants from all areas of security and privacy, including
foundations, cryptography, software and hardware security, as well as
human and other interdisciplinary aspects (e.g., computer science and
psychology, economy, law, policy, ethics, etc). The position is funded
for 5 years. Applicants must have completed a doctoral degree in
computer science or related areas and must have demonstrated outstanding
research vision, and potential to successfully lead a research group.
Successful candidates are expected to build a highly visible research
agenda, to mentor Ph.D. students, and to participate in collaborative
projects.

The Max Planck Institute for Security and Privacy
(https://www.mpi-sp.org) is located in Bochum, Germany. We maintain an
open, international, and diverse work environment and seek applications
from outstanding researchers regardless of national origin. Our working
language is English. We collaborate with several major research
institutions worldwide and have high international visibility. We offer
competitive salaries and support for Ph.D. students, as well as generous
travel, administrative, and technical support.

Please apply at https://apply.cis.mpg.de/register/mpispjrgl

You need to send your CV, a research plan, an optional teaching
statement, and 3-5 references. Reviewing of applications will start
immediately and will continue until the positions are filled. The
expected starting date for the position is Fall 2020, open to
negotiations. Informal inquiries can be addressed to
applications-jrgl at mpi-sp.org <mailto:applications-jrgl at mpi-sp.org>

--

Prof. Christof Paar
Max Planck Institute for Cybersecurity and Privacy

mobile: +49 (0)170 790 3393