[HGI-news-int] Third European Trusted Infrastructure Summer School

English Newsletter of the Horst Gö rtz Institute of IT Security in Bochum hgi-news-international at lists.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Apr 22 12:56:33 CEST 2008

Third European Trusted Infrastructure Summer School 31st August - 5th
September 2008, Oxford, UK

                         www.etiss.org

Call for Bursary Applications and Workshop Proposals.
Closing date: 25th May 2008

We are pleased to announce the Third European Trusted Infrastructure
Summer School.   The previous two events have been in Oxford  (2006) and
Bochum (2007), and have attracted a range of participants from across
Europe. We hope that the same will be true of the third summer school:
our aim is to provide a programme which will be attractive to masters'
and doctoral students learning about Trusted Infrastructure for the
first time, and also for academics and researchers with more experience.
The event will include introductory and more advanced lectures,
practical labs, and research seminars. Many of those who have been
instrumental in shaping the emerging Trusted technologies are expected
to be among the lecturers.

At this time we invite applications for student bursaries from European
students.  Generous sponsorship from HP, Microsoft, and Infineon, allows
us to offer a substantial number of full bursaries, to cover the cost of
the summer school, accommodation, and student travel.  The web-site
indicates how to apply: the closing date is 25th May 2008.  A second
call, for open (paid) registration will be made shortly, with a later
deadline.

An important feature of the summer-school is its research programme.  We
also invite proposals for research workshops and masterclasses.  Details
are also on the web-site.