[HGI-news-int] REMINDER: CASA Summer School on Blockchain Security, 20-23 June 2022 – Apply now!

English Newsletter of the Horst Goertz Institute of IT Security in Bochum hgi-news-international at lists.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri May 6 15:10:14 CEST 2022

We would like to draw your attention to the following event and would be very pleased if you could point it out to interested PhD and advanced Master students in the area of IT security:

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D8615B.631B6E90]

AT A GLANCE:

Who can participate?
PhD and advanced Master students in the area of IT security.

When does the CASA Summer School take place?
The event will take place in Bochum, from June 20-23, 2022.

What is it about?
BLOCKCHAIN SECURITY
The blockchain technology is gaining considerable attention in the community. A number of researchers and practitioners speculate that blockchains can change the way we see a number of online applications today. Although it is still early to tell, it is expected that the blockchain will stimulate considerable discussions with respect to decentralized deployments and might positively impact the digital experience of many individuals around the globe.
In this summer school, we overview and analyze the security and privacy provisions of popular blockchain platforms, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum. Besides analyzing the security of the network and consensus layers in those platforms, we will also thoroughly discuss the security of smart contracts in the Ethereum platform.

Speakers
Elli Androulaki (IBM Research)
Clara Schneidewind (Max Planck Institute for Security and Privacy)
Ghassan Karame (Ruhr-Universität Bochum)
Lucas Davi (University of Duisburg-Essen)

What does it cost?
Participation in the CASA Summer School is free of charge.

How to apply?
Application is possible until May 15 via the website of the CASA Summer School:

https://casa.rub.de/en/early-career/casa-summer-school

Kind regards,
The CASA Summer School Team