[Biomedical-cybernetics] XIIth International Congress on Molecular Systems Biology

Rui Alves ralves at cmb.udl.cat
Mon Nov 29 19:12:04 CET 2010

Dear colleagues,
It is our pleasure to announce the XIIth International Congress on
Molecular Systems Biology, which will be held in Lleida, during the week
of May 8th to May 13th 2011.
The meeting has a central theme: Identification of Design Principles in
molecular networks. We encourage participants to present their work in
this area and to participate in the lively discussions that will be held
during the event.
We would like this congress to be a fruitful meeting place to do both,
report on the latest advanced and plan the next steps to improve our
understanding of the different subject areas. In addition, this meeting is
also dedicated to celebrate Michael Savageau's contributions to Systems
Biology, on his 70th birthday and on the 40th anniversary of his seminal
papers on the power-law formalism.
We have planed the meeting to potentiate the opportunities for interaction
and open discussion. Talks should emphasize and discuss both, examples and
the conceptual problems related to the identification, understanding, and
evolutionary emergence of design principles. They should also focus on the
technical aspects that can help in studying such principles.
Keynote speakers will be asked to prepare their contributions well in
advance and to distribute an informative summary. We will post these
summaries and will provide links to the main references. Special invited
speakers will be asked to discuss these contributions and provide support
or criticism to those presentations. Complementary talks will be selected
from submitted abstracts for further contributing to the discussion of the
points raised by the keynote speakers. Two poster evenings with discussion
sessions will be scheduled to provide everyone an opportunity to
contribute to the meeting.
The meeting will be a four days event, with an additional welcoming day
before we start. Each of the days will focus mostly on a theme. Thus, we
will have four main subjects:
*	Day 1: Modularity, Design Principles & Evolution.
*	Day 2: Optimization and evolution.
*	Day 3: Model building, network reconstruction and parameter estimation.
*	Day 4: From design principles to synthetic biology. Possible industrial
applications
The meeting will have a limited capacity. To make sure we can accommodate
you, please send us an expression of interest (pre-registration) to attend
no later than December 15. Places will be reserved on a first come-first
served basis. The key dates are the following:
*	Abstract submission deadline: 		January 15th 2011
*	Decision and provisional program: 	February 15th 2011
*	Early registration: 			Until March 15th
*	Regular registration: 			Until the starting of
the meeting

For additional information regarding registration, accommodation, travel,
or other matters, please visit the webpage of the meeting at
http://icmsb.systemsbiology.cat/index.php.
We look forward for your contributions to each of the days and hope to
have you aboard with us!!!

Rui Alves & Albert Sorribas