[Biomedical-cybernetics] Fwd: [sysbio] PhD or Postdoc in Bioinformatics

Johannes W. Dietrich johannes.dietrich at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Feb 18 00:21:10 CET 2015

Zur Info / FYI:

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

> Von: Mario Albrecht <mario.albrecht at tugraz.at>
> Datum: 17. Februar 2015 00:37:20 MEZ
> An: sysbio at caltech.edu
> Betreff: [sysbio] PhD or Postdoc in Bioinformatics
>
> Dear colleagues,
>
> Please forward these bioinformatics
> job offers to others, thank you much!
>
> Kind regards,
>
>  Mario Albrecht

> Open PhD and Postdoc positions in Bioinformatics
>
> Deadline: 28 February 2015
>
> Contact: Prof. Dr. Mario Albrecht, Institute for Knowledge Discovery,
>         Graz University of Technology, Graz, Austria,
>         info at mario-albrecht.at
>
> Further information at http://www.medbioinf.at and below!
>
> Note: Please send your application both to info at mario-albrecht.at
> and informatik at tugraz.at citing the reference number 7090/15/001.
>

> Open full-time paid bioinformatics PhD student position for
> molecular network research until 28 February 2015,
> for details see http://wwww.medbioinf.at
> and as follows:
>
> Molecular networks and proteins are involved in many biological
> processes. Therefore, we aim at the development and application
> of computational network methods for the analysis and prediction
> of molecular interactions and their structural and functional
> changes due to sequence mutations. The mutations might occur in
> disease genes or bacterial and viral genomes. Based on the analysis
> results, we also want to develop innovative bioinformatics approaches
> for modeling pathways and their changes as well as for the design
> and prioritization of follow-up experiments.
>

> Open full-time paid bioinformatics postdoc position for
> integrative omics research until 28 February 2015,
> for details see http://bioinf.tugraz.at/images/Postdoc.pdf
> and as follows:
>
> Cancer is the leading cause of death and involves altered lipid
> metabolism. The rate-limiting enzyme in triacylglyceride degradation,
> the adipose triglyceride lipase (ATGL), might not participate only in
> lipid mobilization and degradation, but also in signaling pathways by
> generating lipid signaling molecules. Therefore, we aim at the
> large-scale elucidation of the functional role of ATGL in cancer
> progression using different omics strategies combined with
> computational
> approaches. Novel bioinformatics methods are developed for analyzing
> the
> data of molecular proteomics and metabolomics networks related to
> lipolysis in cancer.
>
> For questions or feedback about the sysbio list,
> contact bnmc-help at caltech.edu

-- --
-- Dr. med. Johannes W. Dietrich
-- Oberarzt / Consultant Endocrinologist
-- Laboratory XU44, Endocrine Research
-- Medical Hospital I, Bergmannsheil University Hospitals
-- Ruhr University of Bochum
-- Buerkle-de-la-Camp-Platz 1, D-44789 Bochum, NRW, Germany
-- Phone: +49:234:302-6400, Fax: +49:234:302-6403
-- eMail: "j.w.dietrich at medical-cybernetics.de"
-- WWW: http://www.thyreologie.com.de
-- WWW: http://www.uk.rub.de
-- Researcher ID: C-3498-2009