[Biomedical-cybernetics] Guest lecturer Nassim Taleb at NECSI Summer School

programs at necsi.org programs at necsi.org
Mon May 18 23:07:33 CEST 2015

NECSI Summer School 2015
Guest Lecturer: Nassim Nicholas Taleb
CX201: Complex Physical, Biological, and Social Systems
NECSI is pleased to welcome Nassim Nicholas Taleb as a guest lecturer
at our upcoming Summer School from June 8-19, 2015. He will speak
during CX201: Complex Physical, Biological, and Social Systems.
Registration is open.

Nassim Nicholas Taleb spent 20 years as a derivatives trader/risk
taker before becoming an philosophical essayist and mathematical
researcher in probability. He is currently Distinguished Professor of
Risk Engineering at NYU's School of Engineering. A topic that he is
focused on is "decision making under opacity", that is, a map and a
protocol on how we should live in a world we don't understand. He is
also concerned with the properties of systems that can handle disorder
("antifragile"). Taleb is the author of the Incerto (The Black Swan,
Fooled by Randomness, and Antifragile) a multivolume philosophical
essay on uncertainty which has been translated into 35 languages. He
has also published academic papers in physics, mathematical
statistics, political science, philosophy, ethics, finance,
international affairs, and economics, all around the notion of risk
and probability.

Register or Learn more about the Summer School.

New England Complex Systems Institute
210 Broadway Suite 101
Cambridge, MA 02139
Phone: 617-547-4100