[Biomedical-cybernetics] The #3 Top Reason to submit an Abstract for SCTPLS in Orange, CA

Guastello, Stephen stephen.guastello at MARQUETTE.EDU
Thu Apr 25 16:04:28 CEST 2019

Top reason #3 for submitting an abstract for this year’s conference in Orange, CA:
Super-bloom of Poppies!

Join us in this fine flowering of Nonlinear Dynamical knowledge and application at this cutting-edge meeting
in the land of a recent poppy Super Bloom <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.google.com_url-3Fsa-3Dt-26rct-3Dj-26q-3D-26esrc-3Ds-26source-3Dweb-26cd-3D11-26cad-3Drja-26uact-3D8-26ved-3D2ahUKEwiQheOhmurhAhVGqJ4KHcTICio4ChC3AjAAegQIBxAB-26url-3Dhttps-253A-252F-252Fwww.cnn.com-252Fvideos-252Ftravel-252F2019-252F03-252F19-252Fsuperbloom-2Dcalifornia-2Dcrowds-2Dnewsource-2Dorig-2Djr.cnn-26usg-3DAOvVaw1mINLQeK99aq-2D6SFpG3R7f&d=DwMFaQ&c=S1d2Gs1Y1NQV8Lx35_Qi5FnTH2uYWyh_OhOS94IqYCo&r=pcFN20v4vGhgAAPiksqqO4A5-JEqKN9t1ya9W1PQre0&m=J9J9f9kipm7lXJ_QXWwCBkkgdlCZdOiEFm0VWooM1zI&s=NYjPCzlI6rmrxQILSKug-rEdJHwwFCjZifnskre69oc&e=>!

Sign up now for our blooming meeting and avoid the tourist nightmare.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS OF PAPERS, SYMPOSIA, AND POSTERS

To present at the

Society for Chaos Theory in Psychology & Life Sciences
29th Annual International Conference
AUGUST 1-3, 2019

CHAPMAN UNIVERSITY, ORANGE, CA USA

Once again, the conference kicks off with a don't-miss preconference workshop; the Nonlinear Multi-Method Workshop features presentations on The Prime Elements of NLDS theory and notation (Stephen J. Guastello, Ph.D.), Recursion Quantification Analysis (Adam Kiefer, Ph.D.), Analyzing Fractal Patterns Using Time Series Analysis (Matthijs Koopmans, Ed.D.), Nonlinear Regression (Stephen J. Guastello, Ph.D­.), Symbolic Dynamics and Orbital Decomposition (David Pincus, Ph.D.), and Second Order Network Analysis(Terrill Frantz, Ph.D.).
We also have two fantastic keynoters: Rick Dale, (Department of Communication University of California, Los Angeles), who will be speaking on The Integrated Dynamics of Natural Language Performance, and Kevin J. Dooley (Arizona State University and The Sustainability Consortium), presenting 2050 – Musings from a Complexity Lens.

In addition to our special invited keynotes the 2019 conference will include single papers and symposia, concurrent sessions, and a poster session. Participants will include an international group of psychologists, physicists, mathematicians, researchers and others who all share a common focus on the investigation and applications of nonlinear dynamics to psychology and the life sciences.
Submissions deadline is May 1, 2019!

(We are still offering rapid early-bird reviewing and feedback on submissions.)
Follow this link to Submit your abstract(s) online <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.societyforchaostheory.org_conf_2019_cfp_&d=DwMFaQ&c=S1d2Gs1Y1NQV8Lx35_Qi5FnTH2uYWyh_OhOS94IqYCo&r=pcFN20v4vGhgAAPiksqqO4A5-JEqKN9t1ya9W1PQre0&m=J9J9f9kipm7lXJ_QXWwCBkkgdlCZdOiEFm0VWooM1zI&s=0N-xqJEExxKKlJ79l8hUZgugBg1MLSUo0S98VHqePwc&e=>
**Trouble submitting?**  E-mail directly to Conference Chair David Schuldberg <mailto:david.schuldberg at umontana.edu>
Make your travel plans now!
Conference Registration is now open: https://www.societyforchaostheory.org/membership.cgi <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.societyforchaostheory.org_membership.cgi&d=DwMFaQ&c=S1d2Gs1Y1NQV8Lx35_Qi5FnTH2uYWyh_OhOS94IqYCo&r=pcFN20v4vGhgAAPiksqqO4A5-JEqKN9t1ya9W1PQre0&m=J9J9f9kipm7lXJ_QXWwCBkkgdlCZdOiEFm0VWooM1zI&s=6uxgjh_WPEMjvAGBHSAkF-o49oE7I_szBFcWX0cg-kA&e=>

Our work has never been stronger or in higher demand.  The Annual International SCTPLS Conference provides a one of a kind opportunity to showcase one's achievements, to keep up with advances in nonlinear science, and to network with international colleagues. Providing a relatively small, focused conference with broad interdisciplinary and international scope, this summer is the time to share your interesting work among those who truly "get it."
Everyone is looking forward to seeing you and catching up on your good work at the conference this summer. Last year's conference in Raleigh was a big success, and we are looking forward to meeting in Orange in 2019.

Conference Committee: David Schuldberg (University of Montana, Missoula, MT), Stephen Guastello (Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI), Adam Kiefer (Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH), David Pincus (Chapman University, Orange, CA),Sara Nora Ross (Neurotricional Sciences Education Pty. Ltd., & Saybrook University, Pasadena, CA).