[Geoqus] Erosion and surface modification with ABAQUS

Vincent Godard godard at geologie.ens.fr
Fri Oct 3 19:34:03 CEST 2003

 Thank you very much for your answers,

So it seems that the simpliest way to deal with erosion is to remove elements.
I was a bit reluctant to do this that way, but as you can make density
dependant of user defined fields it may be possible to "smooth" the process.
I'm thinking of using my erosion routine to modify the density of the
elements (via user subroutine) just below the surface, from initial density
down to zero, before removal.
At that point, I'm trying to figure out how to identify and handle the nodes
and elements concerned by this removal. Do you think it is possible to do
this automaticaly with user subroutines or do I need to stop the analysis and
then restart after removal?

 I am an absolute begginer with ABAQUS so if anybody has a simple input file
related to a geodynamic problem to send to me that would help me to get
started (in particular to deal with isostasy, contact surfaces ans things
like that).

Thanks in advance

Vincent.

--