[Geoqus] Byerlee / creep law in Abaqus

Kasper Fischer kasper.fischer at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Nov 12 10:25:36 CET 2003

Hi Susan,

thank you for your answer. I will try to introduce this in my model. I
just have one more question:
Are You using temperatur dependent friction angles or hardening parameters?
The reason why I ask this is because the Abaqus theory manual shows a
picture (Fig. 4.4.2-7) of a region where no creep is active in the
p-q-plane (a cone below the line p tan \beta). Therefore I would have to
decrease \beta to small values at high p (=depth, high T) to have creep
at low q for high p. Is this right?

Maybe you can post the *DRUCKER PRAGER, *DRUCKER PRAGER HARDENING, and
*DRUCKER PRAGE CREEP (truncated)  lines of an example.

cheers,

Kasper

--
| Dr. Kasper D. Fischer             <kasper.fischer at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> |
| Ruhr-Universität Bochum                                               |