[Geoqus] Byerlee / creep law in Abaqus

Susan Ellis S.Ellis at gns.cri.nz
Wed Nov 12 20:05:17 CET 2003

Hi again Kaspar

The way I'm getting around the problem with the creep limit
in plasticity is to set the friction angle to zero,
and to use a dependency on the DRUCKER PRAGER HARDENING
lines which basically increases the 'cohesion' as a function
of (sign)tan(phi), where phi is my desired friction angle
- I compute (sign) in user subroutine USDFLD

eg:

*DRUCKER PRAGER, SHEAR CRITERION=LINEAR,DEPENDENCIES=1
0.01,1.00,0.01,,.00E+00
0.01,1.00,0.01,,.10E+10 (ie essentially these lines not used)
*DRUCKER PRAGER HARDENING,DEPENDENCIES=1
.15E+07,0.,,.00E+00
.10E+10,0.,,.10E+10  (adjust this last figure to match p at which
                      (sign)tan(phi)+cohesion = 1e+09;
                      then return p from subroutine USDLFD)
*DRUCKER PRAGER CREEP,LAW=STRAIN
.10E-39,3.10,0.00,   0.00
.10E-39,3.10,0.00, 170.00
.21E-39,3.10,0.00, 180.00
.45E-39,3.10,0.00, 190.00
.93E-39,3.10,0.00, 200.00
. (lots of lines here, compute Aexp(-Q/RT) depending on creep law
. and increment T every 10 degrees- note T is in celsius here,
. but T in creep equation is in Kelvin)
.
.
.93E-39,3.10,0.00, 630.00

cheers
Susan

Dr Susan Ellis
Institute of Geological and Nuclear Sciences
Gracefield Rd, PO Box 30368
Lower Hutt
New Zealand
S.Ellis at gns.cri.nz