[Geoqus] ABAQUS Data Storage Manager error

SCL Consultant slee at TiltMAX.com
Wed Aug 25 05:13:46 CEST 2004

Thanks. Peter.

But I still have difficult to find the windows command to change to 3gb user
space now. I will try to search the web.

Do you mean that the problem is solved if I change the operating system to
windows 2000 server?

Thanks again. You help is invaluable to me.

Sam

-----Original Message-----
From: geoqus-bounces+slee=tiltmax.com at lists.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
[mailto:geoqus-bounces+slee=tiltmax.com at lists.ruhr-uni-bochum.de]On
Behalf Of Peter Connolly
Sent: Wednesday, 25 August 2004 12:01 PM
To: 'Geoscientific Abaqus User Group'
Subject: RE: [Geoqus] ABAQUS Data Storage Manager error

It appears you are running up against the windows inbuilt 4GB
addressable space. By default this is set as 2gb user and 2gb system.
There is a windows command to change this (cannot remember it off hand
but I think a web search would find it, also try xp toolkit) a maximum
of 3gb of user space.

I never had much joy trying to get abaqus jobs larger than 2gb to work
on xp. If at all possible, try using a "server" version which has larger
address spaces or a 64bit OS which won't have this limit. I think SuSE
has a partly 64bit version that runs on a 32bit cpu.

Hope that points you in the right direction

Peter