[Geoqus] Undrained Compression triaxial test modelling

Herrera Suarez Miguel miguelhs at agronet.uclv.edu.cu
Fri May 27 23:12:07 CEST 2005

hello, I am an inexpert user of the FEM and of the ABAQUS, but I am working in my doctorate thesis that tries of the simulation of the  soil specimen triaxial compression, in (ABAQUS). This program offers big possibilities of for the realization of this work but I have presented same one difficulties,  because I introduce  the permebilidad and the initial voids ratio, but the program indicates me " Permeability is specified on 8976 elements but the initial void ratio is not defined. Use * initial conditions to the valued".
On the other hand I don't have left clear as I can establish that the tes of compression triaxial is drained or non undrained.
If somebody of the list suggest me something in this respect, or facilitate me some literature I would thank it to him.
greetings.

MsC. Miguel Herrera Suárez
Universidad Central de las Villas.
Facultad de Ciencias Agropecuarias
Departamento de Mecanización Agropecuaria
Carretera a Camajuaní km 5 1/2
Santa Clara. Villa Clara.
CP 54 830
Cuba