[Geoqus] GEOQUS Homepage

Oliver Heidbach oliver.heidbach at gpi.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Apr 12 11:19:11 CEST 2006

Hi,

I think it is a very good idea to list papers which used ABAQUS.
However, I propose two changes for this list:
1.) I would list all papers and not only the ones from the GEOQUS
members. There is a few paper of non-members around which give very
interesting technical details on ABAQUS.
2.) I would skip the info on the used ABAQUS commands. From my point of
view this is not a great help.

Below you'll find a few recent papers which incorporated ABAQUS.

Regards
Oliver

Hergert, T., and O. Heidbach, New insights in the mechanism of
postseismic stress relaxation exemplified by the June 23rd 2001 Mw = 8.4
earthquake in southern Peru, Geophys. Res. Lett., 33 (L02307),
doi:1029/2005GL024585, 2006.

Dyksterhuis, S., R.A. Albert, and R.D. Müller, Finite-element modelling
of contemporary and palaeointraplate stress using ABAQUS, Computers and
Geosciences, 32, Doi:10.1016/j.cageo.2004.10.011, 2005.

Drewes, H., and O. Heidbach, Deformation of the South American Crust
from Finite Element and Collocation Methods, in A Window on the Future
of Geodesy,International Association of Geodesy Symposia 128, edited by
F. Sanso, pp. 296-301, Springer, Berlin, 2004.

Lithgow-Bertelloni, C., and J.H. Guynn, Origin of the lithospheric
stress field, J. Geophys. Res., 109, BO1408, doi:10.1029/2003JB002467, 2004.

Wu, P., Using commercial finite element packages for the study of earth
deformations, sea level and the state of stress, Geophys. J. Int., 158,
doi:10.1111/j.1365-246X.2004.02338.x, 2004.

Bühler, M.M., R. Cudmani, V.A. Osinov, A.B. Libreros-Bertini, and G.
Gudehus, Experimental and numerical investigation of the influence of
local site conditions on the ground motion during strong earthquakes, 2004.

--
Oliver Heidbach - Assistant Professor

Geophysical Institute, Karlsruhe University
Hertzstrasse 16
D-76187 Karlsruhe

phone:  +49 721 608 4609
fax:    +49 721 711 73