[Geoqus] On UTOL in SOIL TRANSIENT Analysis

bsaad at po-box.mcgill.ca bsaad at po-box.mcgill.ca
Wed Feb 14 12:45:47 CET 2007

Good day dears
I am doing Consolidation nonlinear analysis (SOIL STEP. My analysis
doesn't run unless I set up Max. Pore pressure change per increment to
a high value (almost in the order of the applied load). I do not know
if that affects the accuracy.. and how I can check that.?

ABAQUS Doc says in the example  :Wicking in a partially saturated
porous medium, quote "UTOL, the pore pressure tolerance that controls
the automatic incrementation, is set to a large value since we expect
the nonlinearity of the material to restrict the size of the time
increments during the transient stages of the analysis and we do not
wish to impose any further control on the accuracy of the time
integration"
Your comments about this issue, are greatly appreciated
BASSAMYAM