[Geoqus] Python Script to report velocities

sanghita bhattacharya sanghitabhattacharya at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 4 19:58:53 CET 2007

Hi,
  I saw the code which calculates the velocity in abaqus by using the python script.
  I am new to this scripting, I have some question regarding this code:
  1) The code , is a general one? Is it that I 'll have to just  put my nodeset name, modelname, and run it
  2) I need to find the displacement of node points on a surface with respect to another body. Actually there are 3 surfaces, relative motion with respect to one another I need to find out the sliding distance, as there is no fixed axis, I need to use the script. Could you please coment on this.
  Thanks