[Geoqus] Python Script to report velocities

Kasper Fischer kasper.fischer at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Mar 5 09:30:03 CET 2007

Dear Sanghita Bhattacharya,

the python script you refer to is more or less just an example on how to
get velocities from the odb-file. I am not sure whether it is still
running with the latest abaqus release. Please feel free to try it by
substituting the give nodeset name, model name etc with the ones of your
model.

If you want to get relative motion of two independent bodies things
might get very complicated, because you have to account for internal
deformation of the bodies and the relative motion of the two bodies. It
might help to split this relative motion in a translational part of the
centre of masses and rotations around this centre.

If you are interested on the relative displacements on contact surfaces
you should try to extract the slip values from your odb file (CDISP).

I hope this helps.

Best regards

Kasper

PS: Please subscribe to the Geoqus email list. More info at
http://lists.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/mailman/listinfo/geoqus

| Dr. Kasper D. Fischer            <kasper.fischer at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> |
| Ruhr-Universität Bochum                                              |
| Institut für Geologie, Mineralogie und Geophysik                     |
| NA 3 / 174                       Tel: +49 234 3227574                |
| D-44780 Bochum                   Fax: +49 234 3214181                |
| Germany                          www.geophysik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de    |