[Geoqus] On creating new field variable using Scripting interface

bsaad at po-box.mcgill.ca bsaad at po-box.mcgill.ca
Thu Mar 29 20:57:47 CEST 2007

Hello dears
I am willing to use the scripting interface in ABAQUS can be used for
post processing the results and getting appropriate output variables.
Basically the new variable I am willing to obtain is the ratio SF=Mises
stress at a point (resisting) / Maximum Mises stress (operating) at
that point. I never used Python or scripting interface before can
anybody guides my systematically (steps of how can I do that. Any body
did that before..

I really appreciate your help

Thank you
Bassam