[Geoqus] 2nd Gescientific Abaqus Workshop

geoqus2007 at gfz-potsdam.de geoqus2007 at gfz-potsdam.de
Tue Jun 19 09:23:19 CEST 2007

[Sorry, if you receive this email more than once]

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to a workshop on the usage of the finite
element code Abaqus in numerical modeling of lithosphere deformation. The
workshop will take place at the GeoForschungsZentrum GFZ Potsdam, Germany
from October 10th to 12th 2007. The level of the workshop addresses advanced
user rather than beginners. More details can be found under:

http://geoqus2007.gfz-potsdam.de

The 2-day workshop will be organized into three axes:

1.The first axis is devoted to the rheology such as elasticity, plasticity,
viscosity, creeping. There are multiple facilities offered by Abaqus to
implement various rheologies. Workshop participants are invited to show how
used rheological parameters can explain surface and subsurface observations.

2.In this second axis, we will deal with pre-stressing which intends to
respond to the issue how initial or pre-existing state of stress or faulting
can affect the subsequent geodynamic evolution. Presentations on the
implementation of the gravity are also welcome.

3.Finally, the third part will concern the combination of Abaqus with other
meshing and analysis tools.

Looking forward to see you in Potsdam,

Best Regards

For any questions, please contact Andrea Manconi and Beatrice Cailleau

Email: geoqus2007 at gfz-potsdam.de