[Geoqus] Third World Stress Map Conference in Potsdam, 2nd Circular

conference at world-stress-map.org conference at world-stress-map.org
Tue Mar 18 17:22:04 CET 2008

Dear Colleagues,

The second circular of the 3rd World Stress Map conference is now
available on the conference website
(http://www.world-stress-map.org/conference). In particular, we would like
to draw your attention to change in venue to the GFZ Potsdam (located near
Berlin and close to the Berlin Airport) and to the forthcoming abstract
submission deadline on the 30th of April 2008.

We will have an exciting program with a great cast of confirmed key note
speakers. Furthermore, the conference will be accompanied by a special issue
of Tectonophysics, to which all conference participants are encouraged to
contribute. Online registration is open at the conference website - please
note that the number of participants is limited to 100.

We expect plenty of formal and informal discussions about the state of the
art in stress research, as well as future perspectives for the World Stress
Map project.

Sincerely,

Your hosts
Oliver Heidbach
Friedemann Wenzel
Onno Oncken
Markus Rothacher

Oliver Heidbach - Assistant Professor

Geophysical Institute, Universität Karlsruhe (TH)
Hertzstrasse 16
D-76187 Karlsruhe

phone:  +49 721 608 4609
fax:    +49 721 711 73