[Geoqus] ABAQUS Material Balance-Porous Media

Manooch Salehabadi Manooch.Salehabadi at pet.hw.ac.uk
Fri May 30 12:33:04 CEST 2008

Dear Kasper:

Many thanks for your e-mail.
Yes, you are right, one way of applying a source term is considering source term as a constant pressure but what I want to consider is a source term as a source of constant fluid flux then ABAQUS can calculate desired pore pressure distribution.
I know that ABAQUS provides some capabilites like *CFLOW OR *DFLOW. But it is still not clear to me if ABAQUS consider the seepage velocity which user provides it through *CFLOW OR *DFLOW keywords as a flux load or not? Let me put it in this way, is seepage velocity defined through *DFLOW keywords added to the load matrix of finite element form per element? I mean this matrix: HPw=Qw H=permeability matrix , Pw=water pressure, Qw=water flux

Cheers
Manooch