[Geoqus] AGU 2010 session on crustal stress

Simona Pierdominici pierdo at rs2.gfz-potsdam.de
Wed Jul 14 10:50:39 CEST 2010

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to the following Fall AGU session:

T41:Contemporary stress field: where we come from and where we are going to.

Conveners:
Simona Pierdominici, Maria Teresa Mariucci, Paola Montone and Arno Zang

The goal is to provide up-to-date information on recent or ongoing
present-day stress researches. Knowledge of the stress state is
important for seismic hazard assessment, oil and geothermal reservoirs
exploitation, nuclear waste disposal, CO2 storage.

The main key issues are: in-situ and laboratory stress measurement
techniques; relationship between tectonic structures and stress field;
stress field numerical modelling; geomechanics for reservoir
exploration; stress field and induced earthquakes. Abstracts on
cutting edge technology together with standard methods in determining
the stress, on local and regional stress studies, as well as on results
from scientific deep drilling projects are appreciated.

You may now search and view all accepted sessions on the meeting website:
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm10/program/scientific_session_search.php

The abstract submission site is scheduled to open on 21 July. The
deadline is Thursday 02 September 2010. We remind you the AGU Fall
meetings will be from 13 to 17 December 2010 in San Francisco.

We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco.

Have a good day
Simona, Maria Teresa, Paola and Arno

Simona Pierdominici
Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia (INGV)
Rome, Italy
simona.pierdominici at ingv.it

Maria Teresa Mariucci
mariateresa.mariucci at ingv.it

Paola Montone
paola.montone at ingv.it

Arno Zang
Helmholtz-Centre Potsdam
GFZ German Research Centre For Geosciences
Potsdam, Germany
zang at gfz-potsdam.de

--
Dr. Simona Pierdominici, PhD
Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia
e-mail: mailto:  simona.pierdominici at ingv.it
INGV Web Site:   http://www.ingv.it