[Geoqus] AGU 2010 session on crustal stress

Oliver Heidbach heidbach at rs2.gfz-potsdam.de
Wed Aug 25 21:10:02 CEST 2010

Dear Colleagues,
we remind you the deadline to submit an abstract to AGU Fall meeting
at the session T41:"Contemporary stress field: where we come from and
where we are going to" is Thursday 02 September 2010.

Conveners:
Simona Pierdominici, Maria Teresa Mariucci, Paola Montone, Arno Zang

or ongoing present-day stress researches. Knowledge of the stress
state is important for seismic hazard assessment, oil and geothermal
reservoirs exploitation, nuclear waste disposal,CO2 storage. The main
key issues are: in-situ and laboratory stress measurement techniques;
relationship between tectonic structures and stress field; stress
field numerical modelling; geomechanics for reservoir exploration;
stress field and induced earthquakes. Abstracts on cutting edge
technology together with standard methods in determining the stress,
on local and regional stress studies, as well as on results from
scientific deep drilling projects are appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco.

Simona, Maria Teresa, Paola and Arno

Simona Pierdominici
Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia (INGV)
Rome, Italy
simona.pierdominici at ingv.it

Maria Teresa Mariucci
mariateresa.mariucci at ingv.it

Paola Montone
paola.montone at ingv.it

Arno Zang
Helmholtz-Centre Potsdam
GFZ German Research Centre For Geosciences
Potsdam, Germany
zang at gfz-potsdam.de

--
Dr. Simona Pierdominici, PhD
Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia
e-mail: mailto:  simona.pierdominici at ingv.it
INGV Web Site:   http://www.ingv.it