[Geoqus] Rate-and-State friction subroutine

Martin Schoenball martin.schoenball at kit.edu
Mon Jun 4 10:29:35 CEST 2012

Hi,
I plan to do some numerical experiments on rupture propagation in faults. I would like to apply a rate-and-state friction law e.g. after Ruina (1983).

I wonder if there is a according FRIC subroutine available?

Has anyone experience with spatially varying coefficient of friction? First tests implementing it in dependency on a field defined on contact nodes are running fine, but maybe I miss a crucial numerical issue here.

Cheers,
Martin Schoenball

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)