[Geoqus] Modelling faults in Abaqus

Majid Taghipour majidtaghipour1989 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 08:29:14 CET 2017

Hi everyone,
Merry Christmas!

I am Majid Taghiour, a PhD Candidate of engineering geology at Ferdowsi
University of Mashhad, Iran. My thesis is about modeling the fault
reactivation due to gas injection in one of the Iranian oil fields in
southwestern Iran. The geologic framework model is simulated by Petrel
software.
I am trying to model this geologic framework (oil field) including 4 normal
faults in Abaqus. I have some questions and I would be really thankful to
anyone who help me.
1) My main question is that how can I model a fault in Abaqus (both 2D and
3D)? (Is there any step by step guideline or flowchart to do so?)
2) What are the best describing contact properties (e.g tangent and normal
behaviors) for a normal fault? (I also want to use slip weakening model but
I don't how!)
3) Is it possible to import the original model geometry from Petrel to
Abaqus?

Sincerely yours,
Majid

--