[HGI-News] HGI-Seminar am Montag, 25.10.2004

hgi-news at lists.ruhr-uni-bochum.de hgi-news at lists.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mi Okt 20 16:04:23 CEST 2004

			   Andre Adelsbach
			    NDS Group-RUB

       "CPPM: Broadcast Encryption for Content Protection on
Pre-Recorded Media"

               Montag, 25.10.2004, 13:15 Uhr, IC 4/39,

Abstract

Broadcast encryption, originally introduced by Amos Fiat and Moni Naor  at
Crypto '93, is widely considered a mature and important building  block to
achieve secure and practical content distribution.
Originally targeting Pay-TV applications, today, 10 years after its
invention, the major application of broadcast encryption is secure
media-based content distribution, e.g., as part of the CPPM standard.

In my talk I will first give a brief introduction to broadcast  encryption
and discuss its role for content distribution on physical  media. The main
part of my talk will discuss the CPPM standard, which   is based on
broadcast encryption and used to protect the new DVD-Audio  media. I will
assess CPPM's overall security based on the published  specifications and
point out options for practical improvements.

EMAIL-VERTEILER: Wenn Sie Vortragsankündigungen auch in Zukunft per
Email erhalten wollen, können Sie hier
http://www.hgi.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/deutsch/newsletter/
unseren Newsletter abonnieren.

ANFAHRT: Eine Wegbeschreibung zum IC Gebäude der RUB ist hier zu finden:
http://www.crypto.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/contact.html

VORTRÄGE IM WS 2004/05:
 Abstracts sind hier:
 http://www.crypto.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/hgi_wise0405.html

M.Tech. Sandeep Kumar
Chair for Communication Security
Dept. of Electr. Eng. & Information Sciences
Ruhr-University Bochum
44780 Bochum, Germany