[Biomedical-cybernetics] Don't miss our one-of-a-kind consultative learning nonlinear workshops!

Guastello, Stephen stephen.guastello at marquette.edu
Tue Jul 21 21:50:14 CEST 2015

Dear all,

On behalf of the SCTPLS conference committee, I invite you to re-view
the pre-conference workshop offerings this year, and be sure to
register soon before the doors close! You can register right here https://www.societyforchaostheory.org/membership.html
  !  Pay it forward – circulate this email to your colleagues or
students!

Cheers,
Sara, Conference Chair

The 25th Annual SCTPLS International Conference
  http://www.societyforchaostheory.org/conf/2015

Pre-Conference Workshops, July 29, 2015

Benefit from the leading edge of a new SCTPLS workshop tradition that
will get us all further ahead in nonlinear science with this
collaborative “consulting group” approach to learning! This year’s pre-
conference workshops are modeled after the successful
NonlinearDatapalooza of early 2015. Regardless of whether you are
starting with a vague idea of your topic of interest or already have
data and a specific research question, our consultants will act as a
bridge toward your project completion. Rather than a traditional
didactic learning or tutorial process, we will support you as you move
toward completion of your important projects in nonlinear science. We
can assist you in formulating a hypothesis, selecting analytic
techniques, choosing appropriate software, deciding upon methods to
interpret your data and selecting potential journals for publication.
The safe-space collegiality and consultative atmosphere is a great
setting to be met wherever you are and for you to get yourself further
along in your nonlinear applications!

July 29, 2015 morning (9:00 – 12:00) $125
Workshop: So you want to get started or better equipped to use
nonlinear thinking and methods?

Beginner to intermediate levels. This half-day workshop is for those
of you who are in beginning or early stages of nonlinear thinking and
of thinking about methods. In this workshop, you will learn or review
basic concepts and be supported to apply them to your area of
interest, to thinking about and interpreting results, beginning to
look at methods, models and theory that may be best-fits for what you
plan to, or already are, studying.

July 29, 2015 afternoon (1:00 – 4:00) $125
Workshop: So you want to get further in applying nonlinear thinking
and methods?

Intermediate to advanced levels. This half-day workshop is for those
of you who have the basic foundations and some experience with
nonlinear thinking and methods. In this workshop, you will get
supportive attention for your particular domain of interest (a) to
examine models and method choices more specifically and critically,
(b) to work toward formalizing research designs for your plans and
goals, and (c) to get insights to help you interpret and analyze
results pertaining to your areas of interest.

This message has been sent to people who we believe are interested in
nonlinear dynamics and related publications and events. If you would
like to be removed from future mailings, reply to this message with
REMOVE in the subject heading.