[Biomedical-cybernetics] #1 reason to submit an abstract for our SCTPLS 2016 Conference

Guastello, Stephen stephen.guastello at MARQUETTE.EDU
Sat Apr 30 20:52:19 CEST 2016

The #1 reason to submit your abstract for this year’s conference is…

You get to judge first-hand why SCTPLS sets records on the TLC
barometer* when you experience the “warm fuzzy feelings” you’ll
have from the way
we treat you and your work with care, respect, and celebration!

*TLC = Tender Loving Care

A message from the President

In all tender, loving seriousness, I sincerely urge everyone who has
not already submitted, to use the time between now and the extended
May 16 deadline to tune into the attractor here, which is that of the
individual and social gains from sharing any and all stages of your
work with us at the conference.

My steady theme has been that we owe it to ourselves, others, and the
world to shine brighter lights on our still-too-well-kept nonlinear
secrets. I say it’s not optional, but rather, essential, that the
power of nonlinear understandings and methods becomes the way to
think, to analyze, to research, and to practice whenever we’re
dealing with living systems.

I invite you to envision how many sectors of effort would be
transforming and more effective
·         if they knew what you know?
·         if they learned about and emulated what you do?

See the Call for Abstracts below, submit your work, and come shine
your light!

“If not us, who?”

With warm wishes,

Sara Ross, Ph.D.
President and 2016 Conference Chair

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS OF PAPERS, SYMPOSIA, AND POSTERS
  To present at the
Society for Chaos Theory in Psychology & Life Sciences
26th Annual International Conference
29-31 JULY, 2016
UNIVERSITY OF UTAH, SALT LAKE CITY, UT USA

Extended submission deadline is May 16, 2016, 2016

Submit your abstract(s) electronically at
http://www.societyforchaostheory.org/conf/2016/cfp

Celebrating 25 years!
Celebrating the 26th consecutive year of annual conferences, the 2016
Annual International SCTPLS Conference will be held in Salt Lake
City, Utah, July 29-31, 2016, at the University of Utah!

Presentations and conversations will explore practice applications
and enhance knowledge of chaos theory, fractals, complex systems and
related topics. Over the years, the annual conferences of the Society
for Chaos Theory in Psychology & Life Sciences have inspired and
supported people from many disciplines to become leaders in
theoretical, empirical and practice applications. Steadily, we are
building a knowledge base that provides an integrated approach to
life sciences, health and wellness, global peace and environmental
sustainability.

In addition to our special invited keynotes - Gus Koehler and Glenda
Eoyang - the 2016 conference format includes concurrent sessions of
papers, symposia, short workshops, and posters. Participants will
include an international group of psychologists, physicists,
mathematicians, economists, researchers, consultants, and others who
all share a common focus on the investigation and applications of
nonlinear dynamics to psychology and the life sciences.

Make your travel plans now!

INSTRUCTIONS FOR ABSTRACTS
Length
·       Abstracts are between 150-250 words for posters, individual
papers, short workshops and other alternative formats. Clear
connections to nonlinear dynamics, chaos, complexity, fractals or
related concepts are important. Include each speaker or author’s
organizational affiliation and/or contact information.
·       Abstracts for symposia or panel discussions may be longer at
up to 500 words. For symposia, it is important to include the content
of EACH speaker's contribution. The typical format for a symposium is
for all speakers to give presentations with time following for
discussion. The typical format for a panel discussion is inquiry-
based and dialogic. Please communicate the theme of your research or
practice-based applications of nonlinear science within the title of
your abstract.

   Content
·       For experimental work, you will want the background, aims and
framework, mode of inquiry, methods and samples, outcomes,
conclusions and implications to be clear and explicit.
·       For panel discussions, you will want to provide a brief
overview of and introduction to the topic, relevant background of
panelists and sample questions that will be used to prompt your panel
member discussion.
·       For symposia or workshops, you will want to describe your
current research, the techniques you used for conducting your
research and how it applies to nonlinear behavioral, social and/or
life science. Please emphasize the skills and new learning that
attendees can expect to acquire.

  ·       For all abstracts: Assist the reader in understanding your
connection to nonlinear dynamics, chaos, complexity, fractals and/or
related concepts. Please highlight the overall value added to your
area of practice (e.g., introduces a new method, information,
perspective, issue; calls into question, confirms present knowledge
or clarifies understanding).

·       Choose a category: The web-submission form allows you to
select from the following: 1) Empirical (e.g., presentation of
empirical results of a study), 2) Theoretical (e.g., empirically
testable theoretical development), 3) Applied (e.g., social,
cultural, organizational and/or inter-relational dynamics; business,
product and/or marketing development; practice-based applications
involving clinical interventions), 4) Quantitative (e.g.,
computational or statistical modeling), 5) Qualitative (e.g., non-
quantitative analysis of empirical data), 6) Philosophical or
artistic (e.g., epistemology, philosophy of science, aesthetics, or
audio-visual demonstrations).

Additional Information
·        Each person may submit up to two presentations as first
author and serve as co-author on additional work submitted by others.
·       All presenters are invited to prepare your papers for
possible publication in the Society’s peer reviewed research journal
Nonlinear Dynamics, Psychology, and Life Sciences. NDPLS uses
American Psychological Association (APA) style. Click JOURNAL on the
SCTPLS web site to access Instructions for Authors. NDPLS accepts
manuscripts all through the year, but please use October 1, 2016 as
the target date for submitting to allow us to make up a special
Conference Presentations issue.
REGISTRATION for the conference and workshops is open at
http://www.societyforchaostheory.org/conf/2016/