[Geoqus] Modelling flat or spherical?

Gabriele Morra gabriele.morra at erdw.ethz.ch
Wed Jul 26 13:08:00 CEST 2006

Hi Andre
  we have in press also a paper on the effects of earth sphericity on
trench deformation in subduction and the effects of earth curvature
are visible but small for a 2000km wide plate. We used abaqus for it.
You can have a look on:

G. Morra, K. Regenauer-Lieb and D. Giardini
Curvature of Oceanic Arcs
Geology, in press in October 2006 PDF

the pdf is on
http://www.gfd.geophys.ethz.ch/~gabrielemorra/
you can compare those effects with the one that you obtain from rebound.

Gabriele