[Geoqus] Part problem

visualdzivdzan at netscape.net visualdzivdzan at netscape.net
Fri Aug 4 11:38:41 CEST 2006

Dear Colleague
In my personal opinion, in case of complicated geometry, and if you are
trying to skip CAE generation, it is the simplest to generate orphan
mesh by yourself. Use Excel if you are not familiar with programming.
Python script does exactly the same thing as CAE, so if you intend to
do it many times, it might be an option. It is also based on extruding,
revolving etc. However, there is a way to input coordinates using
python, take a look at the example given for remeshing-import analysis
where you import the coordinates into CAE using python script. Basis is
to set the points, and then connect them and form the body, after which
you do the meshing in CAE. Be aware that the quality mesh will demand
partitioning if geometry is complicated.
Hope it helps a bit
Regards
Natasa

BYG.DTU